Pages


CLICK THE OWL TO VISIT THE STORE!

Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Top 10 Essential Teacher Materials

When I first began teaching, I spent tons of money on odds and ends, especially stocking up at the beginning of the year. Half of those items I rarely used, and some of those items I still did not have enough of. It is important for teachers beginning their career to know what is most important to stock up on at those beginning of the school year sales, and for when their school system lets them order materials. We have to be good at budgeting and getting what is most important. Below are what I found to be my top 10 most needed things throughout the school year. I work at a school that, unfortunately, does not have have an abundance of these items. I plan on asking for donations of some of these items from parents at the beginning of the year. Staples, Office Depot, and Office Max always have great deals on many essentials (we're talking a penny), so check ads (available online too) and shop every week at the start of the school year. I am also curious if others find that my essentials list is similar to theirs, and what other teachers found they needed most, so please post in the comments section with suggestions for all the teachers out there.

       

The Essentials Top 10
10.) glue sticks
9.) pencil sharpeners
8.) staplers                                                           
7.) crayons
6.)scissors
5.) dry erase markers
4.) tissues
3.) copy paper
2.) pencils
1.) hand sanitizer 


You can never have too much hand sanitizer!

So, does my top 10 list look similar to yours? I'd love to know!



3 comments:

  1. Totally agree on the dry erase markers! I love my markers, especially the bright, bold colored ones! They now make them for black boards... which is like a whiteboard but black. Weird! New follower sent your way from Corinna's blog :)

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following...have not seen the blackboard markers. Neato! I will check out your blog as well :)

      Delete